A Leap Forward in Learning Koine Greek, the Language of the NT
Build Fluency by Reading Greek New Testament Passages from the Beginning
Do you love Scripture and want to read and study the New Testament as it was originally written, in Greek? FluentGreek was created for people like you.
The problem is that few who study Biblical Greek successfully develop the ability to read the Greek New Testament with proficiency, which leads to frustration and discouragement.
New Testament Greek classes certainly help, but packed seminary programs don’t have time to give students the amount of exposure to the Greek language that fluency requires. It feels too hard and too time consuming, and the excitement students had in the beginning is lost. Committed students may try to read on their own, but most find the New Testament too challenging to continue to study without support.
FluentGreek was developed to solve this problem. Using the latest research on language acquisition, we provide necessary tools that you can't get anywhere else. We provide thousands of carefully ordered Greek sentences, with helps for every word, that make learning Biblical Greek a joy.
FluentGreek is for seminaries who would like to offer a resource for students, students who would like to continue the studies they began, and anyone else who wants to learn to read the Greek New Testament for themselves.
Who is FluentGreek for?
- Seminary graduates who want to apply what they’ve learned or improve their fluency
- Seminary students who want to emphasize fluency while taking language and exegesis courses
- Individuals who plan on going into ministry in the future. It would be ideal to begin this program two years before you plan on entering seminary so you can enter able to read Greek
- Christians who want to read the New Testament in the original language and are willing to make it a priority in their lives
How does FluentGreek work?
FluentGreek sorts New Testament verses by difficulty and gets you reading as quickly as possible, presenting you with the most amount of Greek for the least amount of effort.
The heart of language learning is what researchers call “comprehensible input.” To become fluent in a language, a person simply needs to be exposed to the new language in a way they can understand, over and over again. That’s how children learn to understand and speak their native language. Native speakers don't memorize charts, review flashcards, or diagram sentences.
FluentGreek provides the tools you need to learn to really read Greek by presenting you with actual readable Greek texts from the start and gives you the tools to understand them. With this program you will read thousands of verses of Scripture in the original Greek.
- Start reading actual verses right away, and unlock increasingly difficult passages as you progress
- Spaced repetition for vocabulary and verse review
- Resource recommendations, study tips, grammar helps, and progress trackers
- Graduated Greek Verse Decks
- Vocabulary Decks
- Paradigm Decks
- Greek NT with Helps